Thursday 13 June 2013

Antique Lilac Blue Dresser

WOW! It's been so long since my last post! I've had a lot of other things going on since last summer, but that's still no excuse for neglecting my blog. I'm officially back at re-finishing furniture and am so excited to get this going again! My Mom recently found a fabulous antique dresser for me, which was in pretty hard shape. I was so pumped to re-finish this piece that I had it done, from start to finish, in about 2 days.

I wish I had of taken a before picture of it (sorry Mom!). It must have been stained quite a few times over the years, because the finish was so thick, it look me 3 tries to strip the stain and poly off the top. I re-stained the top in a natural oak (B-UTIFUL!), and painted the body of the dresser in a shade I call Lilac Blue. After shading and waxing, the piece looks amazing! SO shabby chic!

There will be much more to come, I'll keep you posted!






1 comment: