Saturday 21 July 2012

Market and a Nightstand

Well its been another great day at the Alderney Market! I set up my furniture and some painted signs right by the water today, and what a view that was all day. It couldn't have been better weather, and there were soooo many people around since it's the Tall Ships Festival this weekend. I met alot of really nice people and there was a lot of interest in my stuff. I even sold one of my Chair Planters! You can kind of see it in the picture.

I just finished another project, this time a really interesting nightstand. I found it at Value Village for $14.99; it was quite dated, but I knew all it would take is a little paint and antiquing! Heres the before picture:
After painting it blue and white, I distressed it with 150 grit sand paper and then used dark paste wax to give it that nice aged look. The top needed something, so I stenciled a blue border using painters tape. I think it gave it just that little extra touch of interest!



I've got a great collection of furniture projects to keep me nice and busy this week. My chair planter was popular at the market so I think I'm going to try getting more of those finished. A friend from work has already placed an order! My mom also scored a really awesome dresser at Homesense for $50, it was marked down from $250 since a leg had fallen off! Also, Jen and Jackie found a really great cedar chest for my at a yard sale. I'm so excited to dive right into painting this week, I just wish I didn't have to work! haha.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment