Tuesday 10 September 2013

Back in Black

Today I was at the Cole Harbour Harvest Festival with a selection of my furniture for sale. We sold two pieces and gave away tones of business cards! It's always nice to hear comments from people on your work; it's motivating at the very least! Here is the latest dresser I finished! I loved the rounded mirror and the waterfall style top. I decided I wanted to try a 'pottery barn' type of finish on this piece since it was a lighter colour wood. After painting the entire dresser black with chalk paint, I distressed and waxed it with Minwax Dark Paste Wax. The reason I decided to wax instead of polyurethane, was so that it was left with a very vintage, flat finish. It turned out great! After spray painting the two handles, and adding two crystal knobs for the top, it was ready for sale!




No comments:

Post a Comment