Wednesday 6 June 2012

Things going on...

I figured I should post an update of what I've been up to lately. Last Sunday I bought a great dining/living room chair from Value Village for $14.99. It was an upholstered wooden chair with woven sides, and it needs LOTS of work. The fabric was really old and dirty (and auqa crushed velvet, ouch!), so I have since ripped that off and taken the seat off the frame. This was a much bigger task then I thought it would be. Who ever built this thing did not want it to be taken apart. It had more glue and staples in the fabric then a Christmas parade float! After I finally got all the fabric off, I painted the chair a nice creamy white, distressed it, and then used Minwax Dark Paste Wax. When I get home I’ll post some pictures of my progress with the chair : )


Today’s my birthday, and at 6am Eric woke me up, made me breakfast, and gave me flowers, chocolate, and a Mastercraft Electric Sander! It’s only us DIY chickies that can appreciate this present, and I tried it before I got a chance to get dressed this morning haha.

Finally, I ordered my own business cards! This is the basic layout, with a some information removed : )

Have a good Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment