Wednesday 27 June 2012

What a mess!

On Monday me and Mom found this amazing antique sewing table at Value Village for only $30! We were both surprised it was so cheap, and it wasn't until I got home that I found out why. It had this really horrible mac-tac on the top and two sides, when I pulled it off I had a not so lovely surprise. At some point the previous owner must have tried to scrape off the top veneer and in the process, gouged out chunks of the top!


 This is what I'm dealing with right now. I've started to sand off the sticky mess, but its taking forever!


  My original plan was to stain the top and paint the bottom. I'm trying to decide if I should risk staining, on the count of the wood filler may be too obvious, or just paint the whole thing... This project is definitely going to take a lot of elbow grease and patience, I'll post pictures when I'm done!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see the finished product! Even though they are tough, the projects that take the most elbow grease are the ones that are most rewarding at the end! Good luck!
    http://mulberrycreationscanada.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete